To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: View/-rangefinder with 135 lenses
From: dbereskin@bereskinparr.com (Dan Bereskin)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 06:57:23 -0400

>Hi All,
>
>I am working on a documentary project and will need to spend a bit more time
>behind the 135mm framelines of my M4-P with 135/4 Tele-Elmar-M attached.
>For those of you who have had this wonderful experience, you will understand
>my lack of joy at the very thought of spending much time in this
>circumstance.  The portion of the total viewfinder image represented by the
>135 framelines is such a small fraction that it is VERY difficult to frame
>an image and focus the lens.

I gave up, and bought an SL, which is a wonderful camera.  I was then able
to unload my Visoflex equipment.  It is now a joy to take closeups as well
as long focal length shots.  My latest acquisition is a 180mm APO,a
magnificent lens, and I'm looking now for a 2X extender.  IMHO, even with
the fine M3 rangefinder, you're not going to have much fun with the 135
lens.