To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Quality of older M lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 07:20:58 -0400

I'm not trying to be rude or offensive, but Mr Puts seems pretty aggressive
in suggesting that we all travel to a Leica test bench to test Leica lenses.
This seems on par with going to General Motors to ask about the quality of
the latest Chevy.

I would be curious to know whether Mr Puts ever tests lenses at a non-Leica
facility and whether his tests include non-Leica lenses.  If so, how do his
tests compare with those of CI and similar journals?  Is the evaluation Mr
Puts performs truly independent and neutral?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!