To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica alternatives
From: John Van Stelten <focalpt@ecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 08:32:09 -0600

As far as an alternative to Leica, I would go with the Nikon over Canon. I really
dislike Canon from  a quality standpoint. Although Canon is very up to date
with bells and whistles they are no longer durable.  Yes the Nikon lenses may
be colder in color rendition, yes the Nikon lenses focus the opposite direction
from almost everybody else, but even though they have very few
hand-assembled cameras left, they still at least hold their lens elements in with
threaded retaining rings and not cheap[ spring wire.  Talk about a throw away
society.

John

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk> (Re: Leica alternatives)