To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Help needed
From: John Van Stelten <focalpt@ecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 08:45:11 -0600

The easiest way to catagorize the screwmount Leica is, if the digit is I, there
are no slowspeeds no rangefinder, for digits II, there is a rangefinder but no
slowspeeds, and the III has them all.  The letter designates the actual design
of the camera.
I would say your best bet would be to look for a IIIF black dial but  you can find
deals with almost any model.  The difference between the red dial and the
black dial is, the later red dial had some changes in the shutter design, more
standardized speeds and a change in the sync designation.

John