To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Help needed
From: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 96 12:51 BST-1
Cc: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help a very puzzled person.

I want to buy a 'user' screw thread Leica but I'm completely confused
about the model nubers and suffixes.

I've managed to work out that the most sought after ordinary one is the
IIIg, while also establishing that the price of these is way beyond my
means.

So what should I be looking for, if I want one to use? What does a IIIc
not have that a IIIf does? What does a Red dial IIIf give me that a Black
dial doesn't? is a IIIf better than a IIf? do the model numbers indicate
the age, or the suffix?

Do any of them have electronic flash sync, or are they all bulb or no
sync at all?

Replies: Reply from John Van Stelten <focalpt@ecentral.com> (Re: Help needed)