To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Your Thoughts on Flash Units ... M6
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 23:48:09 -0700

At 06:19 AM 9/26/96 -0700, you wrote:

>I called Leica USA recently, Eric, specifically to ask about using older
>(higher triggering voltage) flash units with M & R 6/6.2 bodies. Was told
>"no problem". What I didn't do is ask about R7. Why not call them, get a
>technician and post the results of your call?

I'm about to leave on vacation, and my new computer's CD-Rom just stopped
working, so I've got a lot to do. Sorry. I'm surprised Leica's flash
circuitry is so rugged. But maybe I shouldn't be. I would be afraid of
nuking the secondary contacts with the powerful discahrge from a flash. But
I would go with them, you might want to call Leica and find out.

Now, to figure out how to get off the list for a week...everybody gives a
sigh of relief! <g>

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.

Replies: Reply from "Michael L. Gardner" <mikeg@neca.com> (Leica contributers)