To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: More Russar questions
From: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 96 22:47 BST-1
Cc: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk

Joe B wrote:

> The man in the shop may have been telling you what is euphemistically
> called a porkie. Maybe he thought he could get you to spend more...

[FX: slaps forehead] yes of course, I'd just come from a client so I had
the pinstripes on, produces a different reaction to the usual leather
jacket & 501s :-)

> There is a web page from Photon archives that features a review of this
> very lens. It's moved and I had to hunt for it, but here it is;
>
> http://194.143.182.105/photon/april95/russar.html

Very interesting, thanks, I'm convinced except for their comment about it
feeling like it was re-cutting the thread *EEK*! :-)

I'll be back in the vicinity of the shop which has one in the window on
Tuesday, so I think I'll have a closer look (and try it on one of their
bodies).

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk> (More newby questions)