To: ewelch@cdsnet.net
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #161
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1996 04:01:26 -0400
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

   From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
   Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 20:16:56 -0700

   A man on Compuserve did a report on the R8. In fact, Bob Shell did too. The
   imipression by both of them is that the R8 is fantastic.

Do you mean Bob "Never Met a Camera I Didn't Love" Shell?  I'm sure
the Leica R8 actually is a superb camera, but Bob Shell has not proven
a useful critic in my experience.  If anyone can cite a negative
review that Bob Shell has written about a photo product, I'll eat my
words.  Certainly I've never seen one.  The Kiev 88, all APS cameras,
the Olympus IS-3, the Leica R8 -- for Bob Shell, they're all
wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!