To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: All this R talk ...
From: "Anand R. Mehta" <anand@mehtas.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 1996 08:56:09 -0500

At 10:27 PM 10/1/96 -0400, you wrote:

>>Some poacher shot Samson the elk with a cross bow!  The RMNP elk is dead.
>>
>Well, last time I was there there were lots of elk--did the poacher get all
>of them? :-) BTW, the best elk photography there, I heard, is about this
>time of year, and when I was there (two Octobers ago) they were mating,
>calling, and generally easy to see and photograph.

Yes, last Tuesday there were ~20 that I could see.  The 'bugling' of their
mating sounds is anything but romantic, IMO, but then I'm not in the market
for an elk-mate :-)  The entire road was lined with photographers and people
with spotting/tele-scopes, perhaps 100 or more in all.

>>Woody Yeung
>>yeung@reed.edu

>Good luck with your camera search!--Charlie

Thanks! -- every time I look for an older body there seems to be a deamon
inside rationalizing an R7 at the discounted prices :-(

-Anand

--
Anand R. Mehta
amehta@mcs.net

finger amehta@cluster.mcs.net for PGP key
Key fingerprint =  B2 29 91 30 A3 90 A3 CB  24 32 0A 1D D6 87 D0 93