To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: All this R talk ...
From: yeung@reed.edu (Woodrow Yeung)
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 21:42:21 -0600

>At 10:27 PM 10/1/96 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>>Some poacher shot Samson the elk with a cross bow!  The RMNP elk is dead.
>>>
>>Well, last time I was there there were lots of elk--did the poacher get all
                                                   ^s?  Elk is not one of
those plural exceptions like fish or sheep.

>>of them? :-) BTW, the best elk photography there, I heard, is about this
>>time of year, and when I was there (two Octobers ago) they were mating,
>>calling, and generally easy to see and photograph.

Well Charlie, you wrote about the RMNP elk with a definite article without
using the plural elks so I thought by RMNP elk you meant Samson.  For those
who aren't familiar with Samson, he was a big tame bull that you could get
really close to shoot pictures of.  Too bad Samson let the poacher get too
close to him.  People saw the poacher chase the wounded Samson in a pickup
truck.  The poacher got busted by the law.

I'll probably go to RMNP this weekend.  Went touring on my motorcycle last
weakend in the Rockies and shot some nice pictures.

Woody