To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Light meters
From: fl1pper@frii.com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 17:05:01 -0600 (MDT)

>On my window shopping trip the other day, I noticed a selection of what
>looked like Leica light meters...

Ther are three models that I am familiar with - the MC, MR & MR4. They all
fit in the hot shoe (finder shoe) and couple with the shutter speed dial.
The MC is a wide angle sort of thing with a honeycomb element that gathers
light. The other two have a narrow window equal to a 90mm lens and have a
setting for low light and bright light measurements. The MR4 differs from
the MR in that the activation button is on top so that your >finger doesn't
hit the button when rewinding film on the M4 models. I use a MR meter on my
cameras and it's spot on. Batteries are now a problem though. You can use it
on any camera with a shoe and even hand held. You lose the shutter speed
coupled function though.

Regards Ben Holmes