To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us.David.Young.wrote.that.that.the.batteries.in.the.winder/motor.drive
Subject: Re: r drives vs winders
From: jbuf@ix.netcom.com (John Irvin Buford)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 19:37:34 -0700

would power the camer if the batteries in the canmera failed.  Well
that is not true for the R7.  But, it is true for the R4 and R5, and I
think that it is true for the R6 as well.  I like both the winder and
motor.  I have rather large hands, and on the R4 and R5 I use the
winder because I like the way it makes the camera feel.   I also have
the motor and it is bigger, heavier, faster and louder.  If you do not
need the speed the winder is fine.  I do not care for the old style
hand grip, but,the newer electronic one is very nice indeed.

    And now for a cmpletely different subject.  I own and use 3 R4
bodies and I have never had the problems that many people complain
about.  Now, I like my R5 and R7 better than the 4 but only because
they both have more features.  BUt, I do not think so highly of them
that I would give up the R4 with out a fight, unless of coures I hit
the lottery;)

JOhn