To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: RE: M6 emotive quality
From: fl1pper@frii.com
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 07:46:37 -0600 (MDT)

>Perhaps the underlying phenomology is that the electromotive emanations of
>even the most aphonic SLR instatiate a subliminal awareness of the
>photographer's teleologically observational emplacement vis-a-vis the
>subject. This inhibits extemporized self-actualization.
>
>Contrariwise, the nearly inaudible innocuicity of the Leica conduces to
>transcendence of epistemic immediacy and allows the photographer to
>spectate below the endoperceptual threshold even though situationally
>proximate.

I've done a quick survey of the kids on my block and they support what
you've said. One three year old managed to reiterate your entire theory in
just a simple, elegant sentence. He said," big cameras are scary." Then he
slugged his little brother.

Replies: Reply from Christopher Hoover <cdhoover@pacbell.net> (24mm R and filter usage)