To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Emotive lenses
From: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 96 15:04 BST-1
Cc: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk

Roger Beamon writes:

> Leica *is* the simple system, not modern day Canon & Nikon, George.
> They are
> hugely complex systems that require great knowledge to produce good work
> except when in their programmed modes.

Eh? Programmed modes? My Nikon F3 bodies (still in production) don't
*have* any programmed modes, has someone been here in the night and
stolen them?

Don't confuse complexity of the system with complexity of the camera. My
F3s (and the cheaper FM2) are as simple as most R series Leicas. And a
complex system is something you can choose to pick from or leave alone, I
use the motors, and the alternate finders (one reason I don't like R
series Leicas) especially the DA2, but if I don't want the rest I don't
have to have it (but can always rent it if necessary).