To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica in Berlin
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 08:40:46 -0600

Friends,

I just came back from Berlin. Besides taking a couple of pictures of the TV
tower on Alex and a few (hundred thousand) former-DDR denizens celebrating
Reunification Day, I went to Augsburger Strasse to look at some camera stores.

I was very disappointed. The used gear they sell is in bad shape and highly
overpriced. I was told that all of the good stuff was picked up years ago by
visiting Americans. What is left over is being bought by Japanese business
people at ridiculous prices.

They wanted 100 DM for a beat-up cap for my 50mm Elmar. I said thank you.

Does anyone know of any other places to buy Leica odds and ends besides
going to Augsburger Strasse?

Best regards,

Chris