To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Quality and affordability (was How old are we)
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 13:31:33 -0400

Perhaps another reason that many Leica users are "older"? As I have gotten
older I've come to value quality more, even if it costs more. In bicycles I
started with a moderately priced model with medium components. As problems
occured I would fix them. Now I own top of the line stuff and NEVER have to
fix or fuss with it. I'm not sure the extra cost of the best stuff is not
outweighed but the lack of repair and adjustment.

I've owned many kinds of cameras, old and new, over the years. For a while
my wife sold professional photo equipment and I got to try a lot of it.
After buying my first Leica (used) 15 years ago, I slowly sold of the other
stuff, because the Leica quality ALWAYS came through.

I've notice the same trend among (non-photography) friends. As they become
older, they tend to find the $ needed to buy quality items-the ones that
last and retain value.

kw

----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>