To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Value of Lost Equip.
From: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 96 21:19 BST-1
Cc: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk

> I've gone blind reading Shutterbug ads looking for equipment similar to
> that
> which I've lost. I'm faced with calculating a replacement value for each
> item.  My method has been to take all examples and calculate an average
> price. Does this fly with insurance companies? Anyone ever have such an
> experience? Any suggetions for finding more prices (the larger the
> sample
> the better the numbers)?

Fax a bunch of s/h dealers as if you're trying to buy the list of items
which were stolen, and asking them to fax back their matching stock.

dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk      |  "The loss of an old man
david@cassandra.compulink.co.uk  |  is like the destruction
Kilburn, London, England.        |  of a library"