To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Value of Lost Equip.
From: Daniel Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 19:48:48 -0400

At 03:38 PM 6/10/96 -0600, you wrote:
>>A few years ago I had several thousand dollars worth of bicycling equipment
>>stolen from my garage.
>>
>>Replacement value was calculated (at my insurance company's instruction) by
>>adding together the value of NEW, not similarly used, equipment. Anything
>>that was no longer available was replaced with the nearest NEW equivilant.
>>
>>kw
>

>Ken, don't tease me. I don't want to be vulgar here but that would be
>something like a 400% return on my original investment. I don't see how any
>insurance company could make a call like that, so far in my favor.
>
>ben

The fact that I was able to buy a brand new Leica M6 was due to the theft of
my second hand M4-P (along with some other stuff such as a 20 year old
Minolta SRT-101 etc.).  All in all, the insurance co. paid me about $5000
for equipment that I paid maybe $2000 for.

Dan Cardish  <dcardish@spherenet.com>
                        <http://www.spherenet.com/dcardish/photo.htm>