To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica at Photokina and their calendar
From: Daniel Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 20:21:34 -0400

At 08:33 AM 8/10/96 -0700, you wrote:
>At 08:52 AM 10/8/96 +0200, you wrote:
>>The Zeiss lenses are very well respected in the world and second to none,
>>even Leica. There are more than 60 parameters to evaluate when computing
>
>I just want to point out the point of disagreement is flawed. I didnt' say
>they don't make good lenses. They make great ones, they're just too blue
>for my taste. (Being raised on Leica, that makes sense -- their lenses are
>warmer.)
>
>And Leica should get it together and compete with big prints next
>Photokina. I've seen 8-foot tall pictures taken with a 40s vintage Leica
>that are amazing. (Using some developer that sounds like "Perutz" with an
>aerial film of some sort - all old stuff I can't remember well.)

Perhaps Leica should advertise their yearly calendar (the large  version)
more vigourously.  I have been collecting them for the last four years.   It
is hard to believe that the pictures on them were taken with a 35mm camera.
The only problem with the calendar is that it is too good to put up on the
wall.   I may accidently write a note on it (treat it like a wall calendar!).

Dan Cardish  <dcardish@spherenet.com>
                        <http://www.spherenet.com/dcardish/photo.htm>

Replies: Reply from "Michael L. Gardner" <mikeg@neca.com> (Re: Leica at Photokina and their calendar)