To: Leica list <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: List thoughts
From: "George R. Zachar" <102413.1577@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 16:58:00 -0400

1) This is consistently the most gentlemanly, informative list I read.

2) Flames and politics are (alas) an integral part of the world. If you don't
   like them, hit delete or page down. Realistically, I fear, they cannot
   be banished. Ignoring them is the best solution IMHO.

3) While I am unlikely to participate in a Leica on-line swap meet,
   I do have some suggestions (which may be redundant to earlier ones):
	a) Make it a daily digest only, with a separate subscriber list.
	b) Limit all posts to a pre-arranged format:
		Item offered/wanted.
            	Age
		Condition
		Brief comment
		Price
		Name and e-mail address
	c) All negotiation by direct e-mail only.
	d) Have all subject headers read either FOR SALE: xxxxxx
           or WANTED: xxxxxxxxxxx.
	e) Have the majordome read and list the subject headers
           at the top of each daily digest. (Nikon's list does this.)
           This should save a lot of time for all readers.

4) It's been observed that the comments here sometimes encompass other
   camera systems than Leica. Remember, this is a Leica USERS list. Us
   USERS also use other systems, regardless of how fond we are of our
   Leicas. There is value-added in talking about what say, MF cameras
   can do, and how Leica optics compare, with say, Nikkor.

   I find the tangents into other systems useful and informative. They can
   even make us think about new ways to use our favorite equipment.

George R. Zachar