Subject: Re: Alpa (Off Topic)
From: JayPax@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 23:42:30 -0400

In a message dated 96-10-10 04:46:56 EDT, youngs@IslandNet.com (David Young)
writes:

<< "How much does the Alpa 12 cost?  A great deal, we are sorry to say.
 Technological perfection, coupled with small production runs have their
 price. We inform genuinely interested prospective buyers personally."  (!)

 I am not an "interested prospective buyer" and so would not have the gall to
 ask them. But I'm curious particulary since we all know that Leica's don't
 come cheaply, and Leica *will* tell us the price! Does anybody know what is
 the going rate on the Alpa?

David:

I'm sure it's like asking the price in one of those restaurants where the
waiters speak in an indiscernable foreign accent.....if you have to ask, you
don't have any business asking!!

It's good to see them back in business, though.  Alpa made some unusual
beasts that have a special appeal all their own.  I had the oppertunity to
handle one at a recent camera show, and it had a solid feel rivaled only by
the Leicaflex SL.

Jay P.