Subject: Which camera to buy?
From: "Charles E. Love, Jr." <cel14@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 15:15:42 -0400 (EDT)

>Also I want
>to buy a Leica, but won't do so with out actually touching one. In South
>Florida the options for this are limited. Any suggestions?

One of my favorite dealers, Ken Hansen, moved from NYC to Fort Lauderdale.
He appears now to have re-opened in NYC, and I don't know whether the Fort
Lauderdale store is just closed for the summer, or is shut down for good.
But if the store is open, they have TONS of Leica stuff, and will talk to
you forever if you need it.  It's the kind of place you should call first
for an appointment.  They'll also have samples of every common M variant.
As for which camera to buy, the M2 lacks some of the framelines that are in
the M4P and the M6 (the 75 and 28), but can be converted (at vast cost) by
Leica USA.  As for batteries, well, it's only the light meter in the M6; the
rest of the camera is entirely mechanical.  Unless you're using an old
selenium meter, your meter will need batteries too, won't it?
Charles E. Love, Jr.
517 Warren Place
Ithaca, New York
14850