Subject: 50mm vs 90mm debate
From: CMUHLSTEIN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 09:45:04 -0400

From Carl Muhlstein, 4426 Beck Ave, Studio City, CA 91602
cmuhlstein@aol.com 818-980-8877
I almost sold my 50 and discovered its utility at a going-away shoot. My
prejudice since college days, some 20 years ago, is that the 50 is useless.
No more. Great for environmental portraits. I also agree with not wasting the
negative; especially, since I shoot HP5 and TMZ 3200. My new emphasis,
regardless of which Summicron (35, 50 or 90) is to get close. Very close!
Better prints and stronger composition. I enjoy the 50 so much that I am
hunting for a used Noctilux and will pay to $1,500 (email response only).