Subject: Re: enlargers (was: Favorite Tips/Techniques)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 22:20:45 -0700

At 08:13 AM 10/16/96 -0800, you wrote:
>While autofocus is a nice convenience, it presupposes that you are going
>to be using one lens all the time since it requires calibration. I used to

That is, unless you're using the IIC. That's got a 50 and a 90mm lens that
switches with a squeeze and a slide. (Hmmm...that might be banned if the
decency act is passed!)

>faster and easier to work with when I was doing exclusively 35mm. Also
>takes
>up far less room in the darkroom.

I am 100 per cent 35mm since I sold my Sinar f+ 4x5 camera.

>I guess this is all somewhat academic as I have not used either one in
>over a decade. :(

You expect any less from this group? Heck, get yourself a good enlarger!
It's a blast. When I buy a house, I'm going to put in a darkroom with a
V35, if I can find the part. :-( I hope Leica comes up with a replacement.
They are crazy to discontinue it. Or is it just that nobody is buying them?
They don't know what they are missing.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.