Subject: Rip off KEH
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 00:17:01 -0700

Here's a story, that makes me want to play "Joe reporter."

KEH has been dealing with a freelancer friend of mine (whose wife is in
school and he doesn't have a lot of money) in a questionable manner. Watch
it if you deal with them. Sounds like the old "bait and switch" again.

Here's an excerpt from his story:

=================

On the down side...the buyer from KEH cameras called today and told me that
he could no longer offer me $600 for the lens...seems that he now says that
he was quoting me the price he would pay for "mint" ...I know this is not
true because I originally rated the lens at a "7" and he said that would be
fine.  Now he has changed his tune...he only wants to pay me $400 for it.
So I declined.  I am really pissed off, but not a lot I can do about it.
Guess I should just take it and be glad I got anything at all for it.  No
one seems to want to pay anything for FD equipment anymore.

Well, I wouldn't want to pay for FD equipment, but when someone is honest
about the condition of the equipment, then for them to say they had quoted
the "mint" price is really a sad excuse for dealing. So watch out!

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.