Subject: Re: Nov 96 POP PHOTO Review of 50mm's
From: "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 12:29:56 -0700 (MST)

At 01:43 PM 10/20/96 -0400, Daniel Cardish wrote:
>[snip].... This is hard to understand as the
>>>old Summilux-M is slightly better than the new one.
>>
>>Where do you get this idea? Some people automatically assume that two will
>>be better than one aspheric surface, but there are newer glasses used in
>>the new version, and that assessment concurs with Leica's own claim the
>>newer version is better.
>
>Where does Leica officially state that the new version is better than the old?
>

>Dan Cardish  <dcardish@spherenet.com>

Doubt that it is officially stated by Leica. Probably just scuttlebutt that
gets thrown around as gospel. Kinda like the one that says that "Leica,
themselves, say that the 2.8/100 APO Macro is their sharpest lens". That one
I first heard from a buddy, then from the local Leica Rep, which is where I
suspect that my buddy heard it. At this point, however, I'm tempted to
believe that one!

BTW, Dan, I really enjoyed your web pages. Nice job!
- --
Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                          Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
                          Leica Historical Society Of America
                          INTERNET:  beamon@primenet.com