Subject: Re: lens tests
From: "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 06:23:45 -0700 (MST)

>The question I'd want answered is what on *earth* possessed them to
>reveal the results to the advertisers before publication? You just *DON'T
>DO THAT*, not ever. It's a fundamental rule of reviewing product for
>magazines!
>
>dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk

It wouldn't surprise me, Dave, to learn that in the U.S., it is de rigueur
for advertisers to be made aware of test results before publication. Not
saying that this is so, but with our predilection for breaking the
established rules here, who knows?
- --
Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                          Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
                          Leica Historical Society Of America
                          INTERNET:  beamon@primenet.com