Subject: Re: Camera insurance unlinked to homeowners ins.
From: Bill Grimwood <bgrim@garply.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 13:54:22 -0500

At 03:49 PM 10/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Just a quick question:
>
>Joe mentioned camera insurance that was untied to his homeowner's policy.  I
>was wondering if anyone in the U.S. has done this as well.  If you do, I'd
>appreciate an email with the company name and any other information you
>might have.

You can buy camera insurance that is not tied to a homeowners insurance
policy.  Ask your agent for an Inland Marine Policy for your cameras.  It
can be bought as a personal line of insurance or as a commericial line if
you use your cameras commericially.  Most companies make you list your
equipment with a value for each item but a few will sell you a blanket
policy in which you list the total value of all the equipment you have.
Being an insurance agent I have a blanket policy.  I had to talk one of my
compaines into it. The name of the company I used is Auto Owners that writes
in the eastern half of the US and a few western states.  I argued that I
sell used car dealers blanket policies every day and we don't list the cars
so why not do one on cameras also.  If I can be of any further assistance
please let me know.

Bill Grimwood
Certified Insurance Counselor