Subject: Re: mini2 vs. mini3
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 20:39:16 -0400

My wife just saw your reply and wants to know why YOUR wife doesn't use the
M6 or one of the other cameras and YOU use the mini.

I have no comment regarding the mini. They were not out when I acquired the
Minox ML which is my belt camera. From what I've read, they would be serious
contenders if I were to replace the ML. In fact, since Leica acquired Minox
not long ago, I wonder what they will be bringing out in this size range.
The Minox has *great* glass, but the body feels somewhat fragile, though it
has withstood over 7 years of my beating it about.

Actually, my original comment was intented to be somewhat sarcastic and
questioning because of the comments regarding the parentage of the CL.

At 09:06  22/10/96 +0000, you wrote:

>Hello Brian,
>
>I already have a M3, M2, M4-P, CL, CLE, 3f and a 3c, so I know exactly
>what you mean.
>I'm only looking for a nice P&S camera for my wife and thought:why
>not stick to the good old Leica?
>Of course the mini's have nothing to do with a M6, but they have the
>name Leica on them, so I suppose I can ask questions about them.
>If you have any serious comment on these cameras I'm glad to read
>about it.
>

>Kind regards,
>
>                        Michiel.

Brian Levy, J.D.