Subject: Re: Table of contents for Digest
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 18:53:54 -0400

At 10:31  23/10/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Note also that MFD stops if the maintainer goes on vacation or
>something--there are no individual e-mail messages.  This creates a
>different kind of list--there are very few short wisecracks there, and more
>long articles, and there's often a delay of a week or two before your post
>gets sent  in the Digest.

Possibly it is just that structure that lends itself to serious discussion
re: the targeted photographic subject. I have noticed that this group tends
to go astray and treat itself almost as a delayed IRC. I like the MFD group
for what it discusses and BECAUSE the discussions posted tend to be well
thought out and constructive. However, the 3-d, Photopro and PhotoTech
groups are set up in the same manner that this group is; with both types of
posting. While they can get humerous at times, they tend to stay more
focused on photo issues. These 2 groups have a wider latitude of topics
because of their purpose than the Leica group could have, but that in itself
can't be the reason for their civility towards each other. Possibly this
group needs to seriously think about its objectives and for EACH member to
think very seriously about what he/she is about to post & whether he/she
would want to be the recipient or target of such a posting.

I am not drawing a concusion, but stating fact as I preceive it. I know this
is off topic, however I did not originate the topic.
Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto, Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com