Subject: CL2
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 16:53:38 -0400

The following is part of a post I sent to Eric Welch. I hope someone from
Leica who has input into future models reads this. Eric is also enthusiastic
about a CL2 along these lines.

Bob Rosen
Also, it's good to hear that Leica is considering a new version of the CL. I
hope they don't over-digitalize it out of its true manual construction. The
only improvements I would want would be a full info viewfinder re exposure;
optional use of a DX film reader for the meter, an LED readout similar to the
one in the Leica M6, a conventional horizontal strap hold, and a fast film
take-up spool. I'd prefer that the overall dimensions would match those of
the CL. The same 40/90 lenses should be at the heart of the system. I
particularly like the hinged pressure place of the CL. That's one of the
secrets of the CL's quality. I'd stress the manual, mechanical feature of the
new CL2. It should be the RF equivalent of the splendid Nikon FM, one of the
greatest unappreciated professional cameras ever made IMHO. A new CL2 would
really make 1997 a great year.

Bob Rosen