Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #242
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 10:08:03 -0500

>      I am on the verge of purchasing a Leica M6 Rangefinder camera to
>      replace my Pentax 67 system.  I use the heavy Pentax system for B&W
>      photographic art work mainly still life and landscapes and some
>      portraits many times in low light conditions.  I do prefer sharper
>      images but do not require 4x5 system features such as tilt controls
>      and etc.  I usually have prints enlarged to 8x10 or maybe up to
>      approximately 20x30.  In future, I may want to shoot some color
Velvia
>      transparency film and print up to 20x30 Ilfachromes or color
negative
>      film and print.

Ken,

I would give serious thought to either keeping the Pentax 67 or downsizing
to a 645 format. There is NO WAY that even Leica lenses will enlarge
negatives to 20X30 as well as medium format.  IMHO, even if you insist on
35mm the Leica SLR system is better suited to landscape photography with a
greater number of world class lenses the RF system and besides it is easier
to use filters  with an SLR which are almost mandatory for landscape
photography.

Paul T. Collura