Subject: Re: most used lens
From: "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 06:54:25 -0700 (MST)

At 06:09 PM 10/31/96 -0500, Marc James Small wrote:
>Roger
>
>A Viso III, Bellows II, and 4/90 lenshead can be had for under $500 -- and,
>yes, the lightmeter on the M6 DOES work with this rig!
>
>The M system is all-but-infinitely flexible;  the R system is a lot more
>limited.
>
>Marc

Grant the above, Marc, but two factors reinforce my decision to use an R and
the 100/2.8 Macro APO lens. 1. The comparative ease with which I can set up
at the site and get working. 2. The reputation and input from others re: the
resolution of the lens. I had the opportunity to borrow the lens from a
local friend for a week and convinced myself that it was for me. I have no
experience with, therefore no comparison to make between your lash up and
mine, but it is difficult for me to fault my lens. Stunning is the word that
keeps crossing my mind. 3. I said two reasons, but I can't deny this third.
I HAD the loose money.
- --
Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                          Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
                          Leica Historical Society Of America
                          INTERNET:  beamon@primenet.com