Subject: Re: Which lenses? --> Cart before Horse!
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 23:11:16 -0400

At 07:33 PM 1/11/96 -0500, Woldgang wrote:
>Hi LUGees -
>
>I only read the `digest' of the User Group now and I found
>it amusing, possibly even a bit ridiculous, to see the
>development of the thread related to which lenses people own
>and use with their favorite camera.

[snip]

>I do love my Leica and the lenses I have but I hope that
>people would rather enjoy my photographs than cataloging
>what lenses I use how often.

What you say makes sense, but you have to remember, owning Leicas does not
make sense.  They cost 10 times what other camera that are only marginally
inferior in quality cost, and in many ways they are much less convenient
(the M series).  So there is obviously more to a Leica than the ability to
take pictures, and such factor is the pure enjoymant of the equipment
itself, including the lens.  So it is natural for fellow crazy enthusiasts
to compare notes as we are doing.

Dan Cardish  <dcardish@spherenet.com>
                        <http://www.spherenet.com/dcardish/photo.htm>