Subject: Re: Leica M6 versus Medium Format
From: Arnold Don Abravanel <arniea@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 01:36:55 GMT

Being a novice and a dedicated M5 user, why are you not discussing the
Hassellad, do you think that the Pentax is more flexible? I have a Makina
Plaubel 67 which in my opinion is a great image. True the lens is not
interchangeable, but is sensational.
Arnold A., Westlake Vlg., Ca
arniea@loop.com

At 08:58 PM 10/31/96 +0100, you wrote:
>KEN_GERLACH@HP-MountainView-om1.om.hp.com wrote:
>
>>      As you can see I would like to use the lighter weight Leica system and
>>      still achieve sharp gallery quality B&W prints close to what I get
>>      with the Pentax 67 system.
>
>Leica optics are good Ken, but you got to understand one thing. There is
>absolutly no substitute for a large film format. You just can't compare
>6x7 to 35mm.
>Advice: Keep your Pentax 67, and buy a Leica M6, the best of both
>worlds.
>
>Bert

Arnold Don Abravanel
arniea@loop.com