Subject: Questions/Observations
From: "George R. Zachar" <102413.1577@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 15:14:44 -0500

1) I read this list as a digest due to time constraints.
2) To correct a prior post, the dear, departed Eric W.
   sold his Leica gear for Nikon (not Canon), and says
   he's quite happy with his new stuff. (So he told the
   Nikon list.)
3) Marc from Virginia, knowledgable as ever, pointed out
   that Leica uses a trick to create a unique optical
   outcome.
	a) What's the "trick"?
	b) Is there a visible-to-the-naked-eye effect
	   at, say 8x10 print size? Is it seen only in Chrome?
4) The only glass LUG members praise besides Leica is Zeiss.
   Why wouldn't an imaging purist (with money to burn, I guess)
   go with Contax and Zeiss glass instead of Leica? Their SLRs
   offer auto-focus, for those who want/need it.
5) Speading of Contax, for those who care, the Usenet buzz is that
   the G-2 is a pig. And there is no Contax mailing list.
6) On behalf of all the other newbies and lurkers, I want to thank
   the experienced, in-the-know people who make this list such
   an informative pleasure to read.

George R. Zachar
102413.1577@compuserve.com