Subject: Re: leica on tv and record covers
From: MBell@mail.utexas.edu (Michael Bell)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 12:41:05 -0600 (CST)

"Charles E. Love, Jr." <cel14@cornell.edu> wrote:

>Don't know if this counts, but there was a lot of stuff about 10 years ago
>about how supermodel Christie Brinkley was a serious photographer, who used
>an R4.  In fact, I remember a picture of her with an R4 slung over her
>shoulder.--Charlie

Hey, you are young, rich, beautiful and hang around with professional
photographers all the time; a Hassie is too big for a dainty supermodel.
Of course she buys a Leica!  ;-)

On the inside of Miles Davis' album Directions there is a picture of him
with a Leica M3 or 4.  I remember a Bob Dylan record with him holding a
camera and I thought it might be a Leica, but in going through my Dylan
records I couldn't find the one I was thinking about.

I know I've spotted lots of others but I can't remember.  The real question
might be- How many people think you are crazy for pointing out Leicas (or
high end audio equipment or...) in movies, on TV, etc?  ;-)  My wife thinks
I am crazy.

Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu