Subject: Re: leica on tv and record covers
From: "Michiel Fokkema" <t350766@parijs.tip.nl>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 20:26:12 +0000

> Paul Winkfield wrote:
> >
> > Hi all, next to buying & using my Leicas, i enjoy seeing them used IN
> > pictures or movies. The following will list a few I have found, can any
> > members of LUG add to my list?

Hello,

One of the highlights of Dutch literture concerning WW2 is based
around  the pictures taken by a leica. The main person is using the
leica for spionage photograhpy but after the war he is suspected of
contraspionage. He tries to prove his innocence by saying he has a
picture of his secret English contact. This last picture is ruined in
the darkroom, so he gets convicted.

The book is called "de donkere kamer van Damocles" ( the darkroom of
Damocles) and is written by one of the greatest contemporary Dutch
writers: Harry Mulish who is also known because of his great love for
Leicas.

Greetings,

                              Michiel.