Subject: 100mm /f2.8 APO-Macro lens #3594671
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 14:09:46 -0600

I have decided to all M (well almost, will keep my R7 and 28-70 for the time
being) nad would like to:

        (a) sell the above lens, or

        (b) trade it for a like number 75mm/f1.4-M in the same condition.

The lens would be mint, except for a few slight marks of the front of the
focusing ring. They are pin marks or slight rubs.  Can't see them unless
look quite close. It is a super lens, just finished taking a series of
pictures of a prize winning violin (won the grand prize at the American
Violin Association meeting in Arizona last month - won both for tone and
appearance, it is inlaid and scrolled.) They came out better than I had
hoped including the close up details and portraits of the maker.

It looks like it was made in 1992 or 1993, calculating from the known lens
number of 3455XXX in 1988 and the 50/f2.0 is bought new with serial number
3706XXX.

I thought I would mention it to the LUGs (LUG'ers??) before offering it
generally for sale.  I bought it from Tamarkin the begining of this year.

If this is an improper use of the LUG - I apologize.

If interested please contact me by private e-mail.

Thanks,

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK