Subject: Re: Nippon Kogaku 8.5cm LTM lens
From: "joe b." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 00:44:56 +0000

In article <1.5.4.32.19961108203527.006817f0@roanoke.infi.net>, Marc
James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> writes
>This lens IS a Sonnar formula and ought to perform as creditably as did the
>German design -- the optical glass, in fact, is almost certainly German.  It
>is a well-built lens and its only drawback is that the price has gone up,
>dramatically, due to collector interest.

My reason for wanting one of these is it gives me a relatively compact
(relative to the Leica options of the same vintage) 85/f2 lens of
reasonable quality for those difficult times when only f2 will do- and I
have the option of a different "look" for portraits particularly. If it
is a Sonnar I wonder if I'll get the rather stark punchy look I
associate with Nikon lenses and want for portraits sometimes.
- --
joe b.