Subject: Nippon Kogaku 8.5cm LTM lens
From: "joe b." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 20:41:57 +0000

Has anyone any experience of using this lens- its a Nippon Kogaku
Nikkor-P.C (c=coated) 8.5cm/f2 rangefinder lens in Leica thread mount. I
couldn't resist this to use on my M6 for those occasional stark, punchy
portraits I used to get from Nikon lenses (where the subject could stand
up to that kind of look!). Plus of course I've never seen one of these
for sale before in LTM and I can always use it as a conversation
peice...

Any observations on this lens (or its close relatives) and its image
characteristics? Is this old enough to be a Sonnar in disguise? (it's
half an inch shorter than the equivalent Jupiter lens).
- --
joe b.