Subject: NEW R7's
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@aimnet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:31:52 -0800

As a professional photographer I can only afford to have camera equipment
that I actually use. For some time, I had been thinking about selling some
stuff I don't use and buying some stuff I need. I had an R4sp and a R6 that
I used constantly and wanted to get some consistency between cameras. I
need mirror lock-up (R6), I need +- control in semi-auto modes (R4), and I
really could use 1/2 shutter speeds (R7). I decided to sell the R4sp & R6
and buy two used R7's. I went to Keeble & Shuchat Photography in Palo Alto
and talked to Paul (used cameras) and Jeff (Leica person.) It turns out
that Keeble had NEW R7's (not demos, seconds, gray, or anything like that)
for $1695. So I sold my R4 & R6 and bought two NEW US R7's at a price most
USED R7's go for! It turns out they cannot advertize this price. Anyway...
I was at K&S last Saturday and asked if they have any more R7's at $1695
and they (Jeff) said yes. I asked this not for myself but for my colleagues
and anyone else that might want a NEW R7 for $1695.

I have no alliliation with K&S other than I seem to give them an awful lot
of my money. This was the best deal I've found on new R7's and thought I'd
pass it along. If you are interested, I suggest you ask for Jeff.

Jim