Subject: Re: Bruckner Edition M6
From: "Charles E. Love, Jr." <cel14@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 17:46:39 -0500 (EST)

At 10:53 PM 11/14/96 -0500, you wrote:
>At 09:36 PM 11/14/96 -0500, Charles E. Love, Jr. wrote:
>
>>Sez Leica, among many others.  Do I have to quote the M6 folder to you
>>again?--Charlie
>

>Charlie, Charlie, Charlie.
>
>It would probably do you some good to read the ENTIRE corpus of M6
>literature put out by Leica THEN to comment on it.  The M6 has virtues far
>beyond your narrow strictures and certainly isn't restricted to the role of
>a glorified p&s.
>
>Marc

I have read tons of Leica literature.  But that's not the point.  You can,
with varying degrees of awkwardness, use the M6 for all sorts of
photographic purposes.  But the central purpose of the instrument--and what
the Leica stars do with it--does require quick handling and shooting, and my
point was that Leica is falling behind in that area because of their failure
to upgrade the metering and exposure systems.  BTW, taking pictures quickly
is not to be using a glorified P&S; indeed, one of the troubles with P&S
cameras is their slow action after one pushes the shutter release, because
they don't actually move the lens into focus until you do that.  The M's are
much faster.
Charles E. Love, Jr.
CEL14@CORNELL.EDU