Subject: Leica CL, An Apology
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 09:44:17 -0500

<<No, I don't know the specifics of the tests, since I did not have a direct
interest in the outcome, though it did bouy up my belief that dispite all
the CL is a great lens holder. --Brian Levy, J.D.>>

Brian,

I doubt whether you could find someone who's more dedicated to the CL than I.
The only reason I use the CL in the same sense as the Minox and XA is that M3
has more comfortable focusing. I couldn't buy a +3 viewfinder magnifier for
the CL. I did get one easily for the M3, since it's a current accessory.
Qualitively the CL equals the performance of the M3 and I find the CL lenses
excellent. In fact, when I do field work in NYC I carry my CL case with both
its lenses and leave the Minox or XA home. The CL is really in its own class.

Bob Rosen