Subject: Re: Why A Leica M
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 15:59:14 -0500

Did you use a shade on the MB. Also, when I purchased my ML, since I didn't
plan on using programmed mode, I looked at the MB which had been
discontinued, but new ones were available. When I talked to Minox, I was
told that the lens in the MB was an older design than the then current ML,
though there was no nomenclature difference. A couple of years ago, while
having the ML repaired. I was told that the shutter mechanism had been
updated to the newer on included in the MDL and was more reliable. Minox
updated my shutter to the newer one, since the problem was shutter related.

My experiences with the ML are just the opposite of yours with the MB. I
will put mine (and have) up against all but maybe Leica and German Zeiss.

One additional thing I like about the Minox is the manual ISO setting. When
I use the camera in AE, I can adjust the ISO, and have a Manual camera.

I think of all of my current cameras, the only one I'd replace with exactly
the same model if needed would be the ML.

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com