Subject: Re: Zeiss Contaflex with Tessar 50/2.8
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 10:33:56 -0500

Super B (?), Don't know the value b/c they seem all over the place. I have
had several over the years, the last being with the cds meter. I found them
to be more than well made, and if you can live with the limited range of
optics (which I found to be quite to very good) a trouble free, long lived,
great camera. Heavy, no instant return mirror, for some reason seemed slow
to use. The thing I liked about them was the interchangable backs like the
Contrarex. You can carry several different loads, notated for zone system
and quickly changeover. I think that these 2 cameras and the Rollei SL
(Looks like a MF) are the only 35mm with this feature.

The other lenses are not that expensive to acquire and though not plentiful,
not scarce.

At 06:10 PM 11/17/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Can somebody in rollei or leica newsgroup help me?
>
>I have a very clean Zeiss Contaflex with Tessar 50/2.8.  The meter
>(working) is on the upper left hand side; the shutter seems to be
>working down through 1/8, but 1/4, 1/2 and 1 sec. tend to hang (need a
>cleaning job); and its front lens element can be removed as if it can
>accommodate other lens attachment(?). It was bought around 1959-60.
>
>What model is it, and what could be its market value today?

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com