Subject: Re: Rollei (sorry...)
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 22:50:04 -0800

Hans Pahlen wrote:

> Inspired by this forum, I just bought a used Rolle1 35TE (black) at my local
> photo shop.
> The price was $150.
>
> I am a bit curious if it was a good price, and if the camera and lens is any
> good.

Dear Hans Pahlen,

The Tessar f/3.5 is an excellent lens. I have got a Rolleiflex with a
3.5 Tessar, and I get excellent results (also due to the 6x6 format of
course). I have another Rolleiflex with a Planar f/3.5 and I cannot see
any *quality* differences between the two lenses.

My own Rollei 35 has a Sonnar lens, but I have heard that the
differences between the Sonnar and the Tessar are academic in this case.

In Paris you would not get a Rollei 35 for less than $300, so I think
$150 in Sweden is a very interesting price, anywhere in fact.

Regards

Oddmund