Subject: Re: topicality and Oddmund's post
From: Chuck Warman <cwarman@wf.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 07:48:38 -0600

>Well, I feel good now. I feel good quite often, unless when I am
>thinking about how the world is going. I should like to do more in order
>to expose the injustice and the lies, and to show the disastrous
>consequences of the wstern/northern expansion, imperialism and cynism.

>I don't think we shall start a purely political discussion in this
>forum. My attitudes are a result of what I have seen, as a photographer
>and as a citizen. Therefore beeing a photographer also implicates a
>responsability
>vis a vis oppressed people all over the world. That is my point of view.

>I am walking in the streets now, trying to
>record other miseries, these quagmires in which mankind is falling,
>these harbingers of ultimate chaos.

Well, I agree with Charlie Dunlap about diversity of expression on the LUG.
Though I think that the type of postmodernist rhetoric expressed in the
quotes above is pushing the envelope.

Chuck
Chuck Warman     <cwarman@wf.net>
"The abdication of Belief / makes the Behavior small."
                                 ----Emily Dickinson