Subject: Re: A room for everybody
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 19:16:56 -0800

Fred Ward wrote:

<snip>

> I am currently and have been a card-carrying and accredited White House
> News Photographer continuously since 1962. There is no excuse for
> spreading rumors and suggesting things about the USA, the White House,
> and the Clinton staff that are absurd and untrue.

I am not spreading rumors and suggesting things about the USA & Co. I
spoke about an experience one of my french colleagues had. It was just
an example.

You should read all the messages BTW...

> Oddmund Garvik also wrote:
>
> I didn't say that this is a general procedure. But it happened in this
> particular case, and probably in some other cases. I found it
> interesting, but it was not meant as another anti-american accusation...

> Charles E. Albertson later wrote:

> Some people may find Oddmund's colleague's account a bit hard to swallow,
> but this sort of behavior is not unheard of in packs of photographers, both
> in the US and the UK, especially where everyone is confined to one place
> (common at campaign appearances). As I've heard the stories, though, it's
> usually been one of the photographers that "prescribes" the lens to use,
> not a press officer for the candidate, and nobody got the boot for using a
> shorter lens, unless they ran up into everyone else's shot to frame their
> own. It doesn't leave much room for a different viewpoint...

<snip>

Please stop picking quotations detached from its context, blowing them
up to become statements I never had. Read at least *through* the
messages.

I don't care about the USA, the White House, or the "political" show
business. I am interested in Leica and photography. That is the main
topic here.

I will not make further comments upon this thread.

Oddmund