Subject: Re: OK, the results
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 13:22:40 -0800

Don Bledsoe wrote:

<snip>

> I disagree completely!  Politics have no place in a forum like this.  We
> are here to share common experiences with a particular brand of camera, not
> be subjected to a political discourse.  I can perfectly understand Roger's
> disgust with it.  We get enough of that crap from the media,
> "nongovernmental organizations," and a multitude of other dorks.

Well, the Leica M is associated with a certain photography. Did you ever
look at pictures of those who made Leica famous? Ask a great,
contemporary Leica photographer like Sebastiao Salgado what he thinks
about "that crap". Ask him what he thinks about "nongovernmental
organizations". Ask Leica Camera AG what they think about Salgado.

If you want us be "apolitical", you should at least be "apolitical"
yourself.  Let us stop this kind of stupid discussion at once. We are
here as Leica photographers, not as inconscient and ignorant "cowboys".

Regards

Oddmund